Simon Jones | Relationship Counselling
|84 Commercial St
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Takaka
I'm currently unavailable.
Please contact another counsellor on this website.
I'm Simon, counsellor and relationship counsellor in Takaka.
The counselling process facilitates self-awareness, self-acceptance and the possibility of learning new ways of being in the world and in your relationship.
I provide individuals and couples with a confidential and supportive environment in which to explore their inner world and their relationship to family, friends and colleagues.
My strengths are in:
- building a relationship based on partnership, confidentiality and trust.
- listening respectfully with non-judgemental compassion to my clients' stories.
- believing that each person has the creative ability to find the best solutions to his or her difficulties that will enhance and enrich their lives and relationship.
- seeking on-going feedback from clients and couples to improve the counselling process.
Issues and concerns
Issues and concerns that I have assisted people with include:
- communication and conflict resolution
- life transitions
- marriage problems
- mediation (Family Court)
- parenting difficulties, behavioral problems
- relationship difficulties, family dynamics
- trust, intimacy, sexuality
I work as a counsellor, supervisor, mentor/coach and group facilitator in the Tasman area. I have lived for most of the last 35 years in Golden Bay with my wife Carol Parkinson-Jones and have four adult children.
I have a degree in Social Work, certificate in Psychodrama, certificate in Supervision and I am a member of the NZ Association of Counsellors.
I have over twenty years experience in providing counselling/therapy and mentoring to individuals, couples, families and groups. From the beginning of 2000 I lived in Christchurch for 8 years, where I worked in social service agencies providing counselling and therapeutic/educational courses to adults, children, adolescents and families. I also worked in private practice providing mentoring/coaching to people in businesses and organisations.
In 2008 we moved back to Golden Bay where I have continued my work in Golden Bay and Motueka. I also provide Family Court counselling through my work with Relationships Aotearoa.
Qualifications and registrations
- New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC)
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Emotionally Focused Therapy
- ✓ Imago relationship therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Mediation
- ✓ Pre Marriage counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce & separation
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
$ 80 per session
- ✓ 35+ Relationship Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand, also online
- ✓ Marriage & Couples therapy
| Disclaimer | Privacy statement | Login |