Melanie Hawke | Relationship counsellor
|68 Tenth Avenue
Relationship Counselling Tauranga
Welcome, Haere mai,
My name is Melanie Hawke and I'm a relationship counsellor in Tauranga.
I am passionate about people, life and relationships. Relationship Counselling gives us a space to restore a relationship or discover change.
I will work with whatever you bring to this time of counsel.
Some of these areas for you may be;
- Couples / Families
- Parenting / Blended-Families
I was born in Putaruru in 1961. On leaving school I worked in the Bank of New Zealand in Tirau for three years. I then embarked on my O.E which I planned to be for six months, and it ended up being 10 years. I enjoyed travelling Europe and the Middle East - spending four months on a Moshav in Israel as an agricultural worker.
Whilst based in London I trained as a Physiotherapist, following working there for 2 years I returned to take up a position at Tauranga Hospital (where I worked for 15 years in a variety of areas, which included specialising in rehabilitation).
I have since been to Faith Bible College for two years, completing a Diploma in Christian Ministry, I then went on to study a Bachelor Degree in Counselling.
I live rurally with my husband and a variety of animals, namely 3 cats - Rosie, Lu and Sam, a rambunscious puppy called Coco and 10 cows! I enjoy hanging out with friends. I love walks and a good coffee.
I am committed to professional development and attend on-going training regularly to keep updated with counselling practice.
I'm a full Member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
Qualifications and registrations
- Bachelor of Counselling (NZ)
- Accredited E.A.P Counsellor
- Imago Therapy for Couples
- Full Member of NZAC - New Zealand Association of Counsellors
Relationship therapies offered
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Emotionally Focused Therapy
- ✓ Family Dispute Resolution
- ✓ Imago relationship therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Mediation
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce & separation
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
- Individuals - $100.00 (incl. GST) per session
- Couples / Families - $120.00 per session
- $120 per hr for Saturday appointments
- ✓ 30+ Relationship Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand
- ✓ Marriage & Couples therapy
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login |