Carien Lubbe-De Beer | Psychologist - Relationship counselling
|200 Lakes Boulevard
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship Counselling Tauranga
I'm currently unavailable.
Please contact another couples therapist on this website.
As a psychologist and relationship counsellor I am excited by the possibility that therapy can foster hope, promote inner healing and enable a sense of enhanced well-being for individuals and couples.
When life gets too much, or you’re concerned about your relationship or a whanau member that you love, then therapy might be an option.
It gives me great joy to work from a solution focused perspective, where the focus is on strengths and resources to support new options and strategies.
Types of issues I can help with include infidelity, autonomy, divorce, intimacy issues, jealousy, relationship anxiety, relationship fights.
A safe, supportive and nurturing space
The aim of therapy for me is to create a safe, supportive and nurturing space where individuals and couples can heal, connect with their inner selves and ultimately live more optimal and meaningful lives and relationships.
I incorporate various modalities as it suits the client and context e.g. person centered, gestalt, transactional analysis, cognitive behaviour therapy, solution-focused brief therapy, mindfulness, somatic experiencing and so forth.
I hold a PhD in Educational Psychology and was a professor at the University of Pretoria before moving to New Zealand. I am a registered psychologist with the New Zealand Board for Psychologists.
Qualifications and registrations
- New Zealand Board for Psychology: NZPB Reg no 90-06379
- The New Zealand Psychological Society: Member no 10409
Education / Qualifications
- 2005 Ph.D. in Educational Psychology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- 1999 Master in Educational Psychology (MEd), University of Pretoria, South Africa
- 1997 Bachelor in Psychology (BEd), University of Pretoria, South Africa (cum laude)
- 1993 Bachelor of Arts (BA Ed School guidance), University of Pretoria, South Africa (cum laude)
Other workshops and trainings
- 2019: Somatic Experiencing for Trauma Level I/II (SE Australia)
- 2019: Therapeutic Toolbox (Dr Karen Treisman)
- 2018: Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- 2018: Anxiety (Dr Karen Young)
- 2018: Lego Based Therapy approaches
- 2018: Occupational coaching
- 2018: Solution Focused Brief Therapy: 101 questions (5 modules)
- 2017: Positive Psychology Practitioners Toolkit (3 modules)
- 2017: The learning brain
- 2017: Wellbeing and Resilience: Positive Psychology & Positive Education
- 2017: Resistant & Reluctant clients (10 modules)
- ✓ Couples counselling
- ✓ Emotionally Focused Therapy
- ✓ Marriage counselling
- ✓ Online relationship counselling
- ✓ Relationship Counselling
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce & separation
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- Face to face/ Online: $150 (session = 50-55min)
- Face to face/ Online : $200 (session = 80-90min)
|Opleidingen:||PhD in Educational Psychology|
|Beroepsvereniging:||Registered psychologist with the New Zealand Board for Psychologists|
- ✓ 35+ Relationship Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand, also online
- ✓ Marriage & Couples therapy
| Disclaimer | Privacy statement | Login |