Dr. Wilme Steenekamp | Psychologist - Relationship counselling
|38 Galway Avenue - Hamilton East
|Send a message|
✓ I also offer online therapy
Leave a message and I will contact you as soon as possible.
Relationship & couples counselling Hamilton
Life and relationships can be overwhelming and complicated. We don’t always know how to go forward and tend to become stuck in traumatic experiences and unhelpful ways of thinking and behaviour patterns.
In psychological and relationship therapy, I can apply a variety of skills, knowledge and experience within a confidential and trusting relationship to help you make sense of everything that is going on for you. Doing this, I can facilitate your process of exploring, understanding and validating yourself and your partner and help you find useful ways of changing your way of thinking, relating to your partner and behaving.
The therapeutic relationship is a powerful catalyst for constructive change to bring you closer to each other.
Would you like to know more or make an appointment, feel free to contact me.
I use what works best for you. I prefer Zoom, but also use Skype, Whatsapp video or voice call.
We spend a few minutes to ensure that the space is confidential and safe and that we have options to go to if the connection drops. We make sure we can hear and see each other well.
This space is different and for some something to get used to, but it is an excellent alternative to face to face therapy! It also works for couples who have little ones in bed at home.
Statement concerning the coronavirus pandemic
COVID-19 NOITCE: It is very important to not disrupt therapy or delay to start. I am currently continuing with providing therapy in these ways:
1) In my office in Hamilton East.I stay at a distance, do not shake hands. I wipe surfaces touched regularly. If necessary, I provide wipes, tissues and a bin to dispose of these saftely.
2) I am well set up to do Zoom, Skype, Whatsapp or telephonic sessions if physically needed for any reason - also related to Corrona virus recommendations.
3) I check and communicate about changes in conditions ASAP, on a daily basis.
Qualifications and registrations
- I trained firstly as a Medical Practitioner (MBChB) in South Africa and worked as a GP for more than 30 years.
- Also trained as a Clinical Psychologist (also trained in South Africa).
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (International training).
- Certificate in counseling at UNISA, courses in CBT, Hypnotherapy, Psycho-analysis, a Masters degree in Clinical Psychology, Sexology, Emotionally Focussed therapy (NZ), ACT, Motivational Interviewing, EFT (Emotionally focussed therapy for couples), Schema therapy, Hypnotherapy.
- I have been in private practice for 20 years, doing both clinical work, psychotherapy, relationship therapy, group therapy, family therapy, sexology & presenting workshops to a variety of groups on a variety of subjects.
I specialise in facilitating individuals and couples to find out how their childhood path and emotional and physical trauma, has shaped them and impacts on their adult behaviour and patterns. Then how to heal and re-write their own story.
Common relationship issues I support people with:
Re-connecting emotionally and physically.
Understanding each others triggers.
Relationship therapies offered
Areas of counselling I can help with
- ✓ Addicted to love
- ✓ Adultery, affair, infidelity
- ✓ Autonomy in relationship
- ✓ Cheating
- ✓ Closed or open relationship
- ✓ Commitment phobia
- ✓ Communication problems
- ✓ Cultural differences
- ✓ Divorce & separation
- ✓ Emotional infidelity
- ✓ Family problems
- ✓ Fear of abandonment
- ✓ I want a relationship
- ✓ Insecure in relationship
- ✓ Intimacy issues
- ✓ Jealousy
- ✓ Love sick
- ✓ Marriage problems
- ✓ Midlife crisis
- ✓ Relationship anxiety
- ✓ Relationship fights
- ✓ Self love
- ✓ Sex addiction
- $180 per session for individuals and per hour for couples
Availability (Opening hours)
|Monday||6 - 8 pm|
|Tuesday||6 - 8 pm|
|Wednesday||8 am - 6 pm|
|Thursday||8 am - 6 pm|
- ✓ 35+ Relationship Counsellors
- ✓ In New Zealand, also online
- ✓ Marriage & Couples therapy
| Disclaimer | Reviews | Login | Privacy |